Tuesday 25th May, 2021, 6:30 & 8am Tee Off’s
“Mistakes are part of the game. It’s how well you recover from them, that’s the mark of a great player.” – Alice Cooper
15 JAWS Sharks headed West out of the City to Gading Serpong and it’s very own 18-Hole Championship Course: Gading Raya. With the beautiful course layout from Graham Marsh, pristine landscaping, water hazards and practice facilities, the course has become a JAWS basecamp for Tuesday morning games!
First Flight off at 6:30am on a Sunny Tuesday morning were the earlybirds of Willi G, Arief, Emil and Agung. The main focus in this flight was the MP between Arief and Willi G. Arif would start with an easy Par to go 1 up because Willi G. end up with a bogey. On the next hole Willi G. fought back with a nice par, all square. This see-saw continued till hole 18, never was one player more than 1 up, so it was indeed a great battle where Arief ended up shooting a net 73 and Willi G. shooting a net 72. A sudden death decider was called and under the watchful eye of Emiliano and Agung a chip and putt sudden death was performed, Willi G. come out as the lucky winner on the 2nd attempt.
Agung had a slow start on the front 9 with just 1 par and a score of 47. But he come roaring back on the second 9 with 4 pars and a excellent 42, total 89 and net 74.
Emiliano started with a double bogey 7 and thought it will be on of those days, but suddenly on the next hole he started to hit bombs of the tees a la Phil and put himself in great positions with his straight and long drives. 5 pars and 1 birdie was good enough for a 40 and another 5 pars in the back 9 would give him another 40, total 80 and net 66. Excellent steady Golf with an almost Albatross on the par 5 #18 where his second shot rattled the flag to leave him a 2 mtr eagle putt which unfortunately didn’t drop. Well played Emil.
The first flight off at 8:00am were: Chris, Aleksi and James LYU. Aleksi started with 2 pars but then made several bogies. He was driving well but struggled with his irons today. He started well on the back 9 with 4 pars in a row, then made 2 doubles and finished with 2 pars. Overall a good game with a Net 70 but could have been much lower. James played well on the front 9 with a Gross 43 and started well on the back 9 but then had a double par on hole 15 which made his score Net 76. Chris also played a steady front 9 with a Gross 44 and 3 pars. He did not start well on the back 9 with a triple but then recovered to play mostly bogie golf and ended with a Net 74. Great playing conditions and some laughs made for a fun round on a Tuesday morning.
The second flight off at 8:00am were: Pras, Bram, Divya and Albert A. Divya was having a rough round as he was mishitting every club from driver to wedges. Fortunately his putting was spot on target as he kept making putts with ease. Divya finished with a nett 78. Bram as usual was hitting his drives long, sometimes too long and entered the hazards. Unfortunately the fast greens kept playing tricks on him as he struggled to make chips and putts to his desired location. Bram finished the round with a nett 76. Albert played his second round with JAWS at Gading Raya. He was struggling with his longer clubs due to inactivity from the greatest game ever played. His chipping and putting was impressing the other golfers in the flight as he was the only player that never had to do a 3-putt throughout the round. Albert finished with a gross 93. Pras had the best round in the group. The only part he had trouble was hitting wedges to the green after he shot his driver 220M+ and could not take a full swing shot to the green. Pras finished the day with a nett 69 and won second place for the day.
Third flight from the 1st tee was 4 regulars of the Jaws group: Jim, Fernando, Randy and Gaurav. Fernando who is a regular at Gading Raya. He struggled a little taking him 6 holes before making his first par. But his game did come around after that scoring 7 pars on the remaining holes. He scored a gross 85 and a net 72 Not bad for a rough start. Next was Randy. Randy seemed to be shooting an average game. With a 42 on the front 9 holes. He struggled a little on the back shooting a 46. Randy finished with 6 pars and a gross 88 and a net 78. Jim was next. He was struggling with his long game. His chipping and putting on the front 9 holes were spot on. Then he fell apart scoring 2 double pars and a triple bogey on the back 9. He scored 43 on the front and a 51 on the back. Total of gross 94 and a net of 75. Last was Gaurav. As usual he shot a well managed game with a nice 40 on the front 9. The back 9 seemed to play a little tougher. He finished with 9 pars and a 47 on the back 9. Giving him a gross 87 and a net 78. Seemed like it was tough to score for all today in this group.
Congratulations to the Winners:
- Emil Marcelo – Nett 66
- Prasetyo Sutowo – Nett 69
- Aleksi Tikhonen – Nett 70
- Willi G & Fernando – Nett 72
Lucky Draw Winners
1*Weekday Green Fee Voucher’s for Gading Raya:
Next Up on the Playing Schedule:
28th May – Friday: Kedaton
31st May – Monday: Jakarta Golf
4th June – Friday: Emeralda
8th June – Tuesday: Cengkareng
11th June – Friday: Permata Sentul
13th June – Sunday: Interleague Round 4 at Riverside
15th June – Tuesday: Pondok Cabe
17th. June – Thursday: Parahyangan
18th June – Friday: Parahyangan
22nd June – Tuesday: Gading Raya
25th June – Friday: Jagorawi
29th June – Tuesday: Imperial
JAWS Singgasana World Cup 2021
- After 2 rounds of the JAWS Singgasana World Cup, Team Rest of the World after a solid Round 2 (Foursomes) have pulled clear of Team Asia: Team ROW 33 / Team ASIA 27. The next Round 3 (Fourballs) will be August 6th at Emeralda, GET READY!
JAWS Hammerhead Cup 2021 – weekly update:
Best Net 6 scores decides the winner!
End date: June 30th.
Update – 11 games left to play
LEADERBOARD of Players with 6 good scores so far:
- Jim Korbilas = 427
- Pras = 436
- Willie G = 437
4. Gaurav = 439
4. Divya = 439
6. Simon = 441
7. Chris = 442
8. Bram = 445
9. Aleksi = 455
10. Fernando = 457
11. Ruth = 464
Players with good scores but not yet played 6 games:
Stefanus: 69, 77, 78, 83, 83
Willi N: 69, 77, 80
Richard Berg: 72, 73, 74
Subash: 73, 79, 75
Bobby: 72, 72, 72, 74
Aidan: 68, 66, 71
- Round 3 INTERLEAGUE – A Great performance for the JAWS team! With 7/10 points! To close the gap with frontrunners DOGS to 2 points.
- SINGLES: JAWS Captain Simon Reynolds took on rival DOGS Captain Gary Danskin in a low singles handicap duel, Simon was victorious playing steady golf hitting fairways and greens forcing Gary into a few uncharacteristic mistakes at key moments to win 3&2. Divya was the other singles player who took on a DOGS player in fine form in Tim Knight, and despite playing well below his handicap was outgunned 4&3 loss. (2 points)
- FOURBALL 1: JAWS players Randy and Hari Taufik took on the TINCUPS team of Audie K and Pancho. Randy was in fine form pulling along his under the weather partner, as he made birdie on the signature hole#3 to win the match 1 UP. (2 points)
- FOURBALL 2: JAWS players Gaurav and Tarlok played a very high handicap DOGS pairing of Michael Muller and Kevin Dobson, giving 1 stroke on every hole and even 2 on several! The match was gruelling from start to finish, with JAWS player Tarlok making a 40ft putt on the last hole to end the match ALL SQUARE. (1 POINT)
- FOURBALL 3: JAWS players Aidan and Jim teemed up against a very strong Sandbaggers team of Willi G and Pras. This JAWS combination proved to be a star pick from the Captain as they dominated from start to finish winning the game 4&3. Aidan was in fine form hitting in for an eagle on the par 5 18th from 50m out.
JAKARTA INTERLEAGUE 2021 LEADERBOARD AFTER 3 ROUNDS:
1st: DOGS: 22 pts
2nd JAWS: 20 pts
3rd place – 7th place – tbc a long way back